International Business Conference in Vienna, AU
October 23-24, 2014
Venue: Webster University in Vienna, AU
(Located at: Praterstrasse 23, 1020 Vienna)
Eastern Europe and Central Asian: Economic Shifts in Politics, Trade and Tourism
The 2014 IEECA/JEECAR Vienna International Conference Report
The second annual business conference of The Institute of Eastern Europe and Central Asia (IEECA) was held at the Webster University campus in Vienna, Austria on October 23-24, 2014. Webster University is a main supporter of the IEECA Institute and the JEECAR Journal. Webster University is an international university with campuses located around the world. The relationship between IEECA and Webster University is based on the goals of bringing together international academicians and business professionals to present papers to be published in the JEECAR journal. JEECAR is a multi-disciplinary biannual publication aimed at publishing high-quality, original, innovative, peer-reviewed research about current economic issues in the rapidly changing Eastern Europe and Central Asia region. Conference delegates came from various countries including: Canada, Croatia, Ethiopia, Hungary, Kazakhstan, Poland, Ukraine, USA, and others.
Conference organizer, Dr. Nikolay Megits, Hamline University, Minneapolis, MN, welcomed and introduced the conference delegates. Dr. Arthur Hirsh, Webster University, Director of the Webster Vienna Private University, gave a very enthusiastic opening speech. The Webster Vienna facilities were state of the art and the customer service delivered by Dr. Hirsh and his staff was outstanding.
A main goal of the conference is to determine the best papers through presentations by the authors and the review of the articles for possible publication in the JEECAR Journal that is published by the Institute of Eastern Europe and Central Asia with the support and cooperation of Webster University in St. Louis, MO.
Professor Dr. Madina Smykova with her interpreter, Fatima Akhmatova form the Almaty Management University, Kazakhstan was awarded “Best Presentation” for research proposal “The Development of Tourist Brand in Kazakhstan”.
The “Best Paper” award was presented to Professor Dr. Maria Madlberger, from Webster Vienna Private University, AU for her research paper “Through the Eyes of the Traveler: Consumer Evaluation of Hotels in Eastern European Capitals Compared with Western, Southern, and Northern Europe”.
Research Proposals and Papers were presented by: http://ieeca.org/journal/index.php/JEECAR/issue/view/UA-41009396-1
- “Language of Economics” – Hanna Trojanovska, Siedlce University, Poland
- “New Opportunities for Ukrainian Businesses by Enhancing Cooperation with EU Countries” – Tamara Kachala and Yana Kovalchuk, Cherkasy State Technological University, Ukraine
- “Global Business Influence on Central Asian Trade” – M. Jagadeesha, Dilla University, Ethiopia
- “Georgian Dependence on Russia” – George Griffin, Spring Arbor University, MI
- “Evolution of External Consultant Involvement in Human Resource Management in Eastern Europe (1990-2007)” – József Poór, Szent István Universit, Hungary
- “Internal and External Factors in Foreign Policy: the Case Study of European Integration of the Republic of Moldova” – Alla Roşca, Tulane University, New Orleans, LA, USA
- “Lonely Planet Travel Guides, Dark Tourism and the Baltic States: A Longitudinal Perspective” – Brent McKenzie, University of Guelph, ON, CA
- “The Impact of Corruption on GDP Per Capita” – Nazar Mustapha, Dillard University, New Orleans, LA, USA – via WebEx
- “Consumer’s Perception on Standardized Advertising & Localized Advertising of Multinational Companies in Smartphone Industry” – Ran Liu, , Globe University, MN, USA MN, USA – via WebEx
- “State-Private Partnership: Essence, Foreign Experience, and Mechanism of Realization in Ukraine” – Kimberly Millier, Grand Canyon University, Phoenix, AZ, USA – via WebEx
- The Development of Tourist Brand in Kazakhstan” – Madina Smykova, Fatima Akhmatova, Almaty Management University, Kazakhstan
- “Through the Eyes of the Traveler: Consumer Evaluation of Hotels in Eastern European Capitals Compared with Western, Southern, and Northern Europe” – Maria Madlberger, Webster Vienna Private University, AU
This conference promoted a vibrant connection among the participants from around the world. Everyone was very interested in the presented research articles and the level of the presentations was excellent. Again, the level of international collaboration and the discussion of global issues was discussed with great understanding and acceptance.
Thank you everyone who participated and contributed to the conference success. We look forward to the third IEECA/JEECAR conference slated for October 2015 in New Orleans, LA. Dillard University will host the conference.
At this time we are accepting submissions for the March 2015 JEECAR issue with deadline of December 31, 2014. Any abstract/proposal or paper submitted to the journal must be original, previously unpublished, and currently not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
Dr. George Griffin,
Gainey School of Business
Spring Arbor University, MI